Jokes about Economists
When an economist says the evidence is “mixed,” he or she means that theory says one thing and data says the opposite.
Q:Why did God create economists? A:In order to make weather forecasters look good.
Two economists sit down to play chess. They study the board for 24 hours and declare a stale-mate.
Q: How many economists does it take to change a light bulb?
- A1: None. The darkness will cause the light bulb to change by itself.
- A2: None. If it really needed changing, market forces would have caused it to happen.
- A3: None. If the government would just leave it alone, it would screw itself in.
- A4. None. “There is no need to change the light bulb. All the conditions for illumination are in place.
- A5. None, because, look! It’s getting brighter! It’s definitely getting brighter!
- A5. None; they’re all waiting for the unseen hand of the market to correct the lighting disequilibrium.